The all-in-one smart solution to maximise auto-consumption
- Automatic free hot water
Use surplus power from your renewable system to heat water in your existing immersion tank.
- Complete Solution
Cost effective solution to share the benefits of Wattson Solar Plus and Optimmersion Wireless all in one. The Wattson display shows how much surplus is diverted to the immersion tank.
- Smart use of your power
Add Optiplug to really start making the best use of your generated electricity by switching on other appliances once your immersion tank is full.
Why choose Optismart® Hot Water?
It provides free hot water by proportionally diverting surplus renewable electricity to the immersion heater. It starts heating water from 50W, and it gets its data using current transformers. The solution is fully automatic and can be added to any solar power installation and immersion heating system.
Optismart® Hot Water allows for standard, predictable and repeatable installation thanks to the wireless connectivity between the controller unit and the power throttle.
It has multiple timers allowing for use of off-peak tariffs to ensure the homeowner is getting the best possible rate for heating water.
The colour display shows how much electricity is being generated, used and how much surplus is being diverted to the tank.
Optismart® Hot Water can cater for multiple tanks in either a shared or cascaded formats. The incorporated Wattson technology means that homeowners can add an Optiplug to continue to make the most of their generated electricity once the tank is full.
What people are saying about Opstismart® Hot Water
Hudson Electrical and Plumbing Company
- Optismart® Hot Water you get a cost effective solution to share the benefits of Wattson Solar Plus and Optimmersion Wireless all in one!
- The Wattson Solar Plus can also show you how much surplus is being diverted to the immersion tank.
- With Optismart® Hot Water you can add an Optiplug or two to really start making the best use of your generation with other appliances.
- Shares the benefits of Wattson Solar Plus and Optimmersion Wireless
- Can be used with Optiplug to make best use of generation with other appliances
- Can save 20% on yearly electricity bill with Wattson & Holmes showing usage costs
- Standardised, predictable & repeatable installation
- Only the small controller fitted at the MCU, perfect for when space is limited
- Has multiple timers allowing for use of off-peak periods
- Colour display shows how much electricity is being generated, used and how much surplus is being diverted to the immersion tank
- Can cater for multiple tanks in either shared or cascaded formats
- The Wattson technology incorporated means it can be used with a Wattson display and/or Optiplug to help reduce bills once water reaches temperature.
- No batteries to change – the controller is powered by the mains.
- Made in Britain
- 3 year Warranty
- Electromagnetic certification EMC EN61000-3-3
Optismart® Hot Water has two main components, the power throttle and the controller.
The controller needs to be accessible as it has an operable switch and the colour display. Optismart® Hot Water is a fully flexible system as not only does it have full control functionality with the controller unit such as automatic water heating management, timer and boost settings, but the wireless power throttle can be placed anywhere along the spur to the immersion.
Optismart® Hot Water has a Wattson transmitter integrated so the Wattson display will show you the amount of energy being diverted to the tank in realtime. Adding an additional Optiplug will alsogive your property a complete solution to make the best use of your spare generated electricity.
- For technical and installation downloads, please visit our Support section.
- Optiplug. Make the best use of your free electricity once your tank is at temperature with this smart socket to run your appliances automatically.
Where to buy
Benefit from the renewables reduced VAT rate of just 5% when Optimmersion® is bought & installed by a qualified installer.
Optimmersion® is available from your usual Wattson supplier.