Wattson Solar Plus is the only wireless portable energy monitor showing both electricity generated and used in the home.
- Measures and displays both energy produced and energy used in your home and helps to reduce your energy bills
- Glows green when you generate more electricity
than you use and shows when you can use free
- Compatible with all brands of inverters SOLIS transmitter swap out
- The display glows different colours depending on your usage level, as Wattson has an internal memory that keeps track of your average usage
- Increases the effectiveness of your Solar PV system by making you more aware of your energy activity
- Install it yourself, in most cases.
Wattson Solar measures renewable energy using the same technology as it uses to measure power consumption. Installed simply, Wattson Solar can tell you how much generated power you are producing, your net usage (whether you are generating more than your are using) and your actual consumption.
The Wattson Solar Plus has display modes to:
• see when free electricity is available
• view total amount of electricity generated to date
• manage the effectiveness of your Solar PV system
• raise awareness of your daily usage to reduce bills
More importantly, with a sudden colour change, Wattson Solar tells you when you are generating more energy than you are using. The ideal time to switch on the washing machine, hoover or other domestic appliance.
Click here to view and download the Wattson manual
How it works
Wattson Solar Plus uses sensors that simply clip around the outside of electricity cables to get its power data. The data is then sent wirelessly from the transmitter to the display.
The transmitter that sends information to the Wattson display has 4 sockets to connect the Sensor Clips to. One of the sockets is labelled with a turbine icon. With an additional clip connected to this socket, your Wattson can display how much you are generating, the consumption in your house, as well as the net available power.
It works with 210V-240V single phase or 400V-460V three phase lectricity supplies and uses flexible tariff structures to suit most pricing plans and feed-in-tariffs.
Which Wattson Solar Plus version do I need?
To assess whether you need Wattson Solar Plus ( 2 clips) or Wattson Solar Plus with Easifit (3 clips, 1 y-cable), try to answer the following questions:
Do the cables from the solar panel system go directly to the consumer unit / fusebox?
If so, you will need an Easifit kit to install Wattson. Refer to the Easifit Installation page.
Do the cables from the solar panel system go to a junction box which also contains cables from the meter?
If so, you do not require an Easifit kit as the junction box (also referred to as Henley Block or cable distribution box) lets Wattson work out whether the current is flowing into or out of the house. Refer to the Henley Block Installation page.